Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Folded...

...and folded and folded. Who knew I could have one day made a living at folding paper like Sipho Mabona !??  When I moved to Japan I fell in love & couldn't have enough origami paper.  If my parents gave me money I would spend it on origami paper.  There was always a silver page or gold page, or both at the bottom of the stack and I always had a hard time folding those. I would save them for last because they were pretty. I would get so upset if I messed up on those pieces. haha Looking back it was sort of a comfort having that paper to play with being in such a new environment & culture. I love the Japanese people, Japanese art, food.  My mom jokes (but it's true)  that she was still finding paper of mine long after I moved out. (I won't say how long. haha)
A nice package of origami paper can still stop me in my tracks. 



After all these years I can still make these in my sleep! I also make one upside down with a little flare...
My son's wedding is July 3rd.  The rehearsal party is at my house. Maybe I should start now and cover the backyard in white cranes!  hum.... I think I'd need some volunteer paper folders my yard is pretty big!  Did you know according to Japanese legend that 1000 folded cranes makes a wish come true? Who's in? Who's folding with me?



 
Today I plan to work listing some new art & paint some more.
So folding my hands in prayer is the only folding I'm going to get done today!
Create a great day!
Blessings!
 
 

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Hi CJ. Oh how interesting and how fun. You are very creative. How do you get paid for folding the paper. I'd like to get paid for folding paper. tee hee.
You asked about how to play Paint Party Friday. You just paint or draw whatever during the week and then link it to paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com

You do a post with your drawing, view the post and copy the address of your post and then go link it to ppf's blog.

I've been doing this for 4 years now. I love it. Anyway, thank you for stopping by my PPF post and congrats. to your son. I'm sure it will be a beautiful day.:() Take care.